BEFORE, DURING & AFTER SESSION
• Center- A walk before the session can be nice, or just to sit still for little while before the session. To focus all your attention on this moment you've taken for yourself.
• Caffeine - Avoid any excessive amounts of caffeine, and if you not used to caffeine avoid it all together.
• Alcohol/ drugs - Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs at least 24 hours pre session.
• Clothes - Wear comfortable clothes that you feel relaxed in.
• Platform - Get used to Zoom and prepare your equipment before the session.
• Check Devices - enough battery, stable internet connection & phone on silence etc.
• Where - place the device next to yourself, e.i on a table on the side, in a stable position so there is no risk that the computer fall over during the session.
• Camera - place and angle the camera so I can clearly see your face and upper body area.
• Position - Find a comfortable position half lying/lying down ( ~45-90° degree angle)
• Headphones - use headphones as this helps us to hear each other better.
Allow yourself to move from being the sender to the receiver. When we try and want to send out information etc we are sending.
In hypnosis we instead allow our self to be the receiver, just take in and allow the process to happen.
The more we try to get into hypnosis, and do, and push, the more we make it harder for our selves. Thus, just relax best to your ability, and follow the guidance, then you'll soon drift into a wonderful state of hypnosis, calm, relaxed, safe.
• Practise- Practice this exercise before the session as it will help you to get out as much as possible from the session.
Place yourself in a relaxed comfortable position and follow the guidance.
NOTE - Do not listen to while driving or operating machinery. // Only listen in a place where you can relax and let go.
DURING THE SESSION
• Hypnosis - Follow the instructions and you will be in a wonderful relaxing calming state. Once here I will continue to guide you to meaningful moments and emotions. The experience of the hypnotic state is individual as well as can be different for each session.
• Expectations - People often expect or want their hypnosis session to be like in a movie. Please know that the experience is very individual , and there is no given "rule" on what will bring best result for you.
Instead a simple impression can be the start to provide the key message. It could provide more of an emotions and sense of knowing.
It is about allowing first impressions to be expressed, and through retelling impressions as they appear, the whole picture and experience unfolds.
• Avoid Editing or Analysing - Give an unedited, unanalysed stream of consciousness of what you actually experience, whatever that may be. Just tell me simply what comes up, as it comes up, and follow the spirit of instructions and questions.
• Fantasy or Reality - Everything we have experienced is stored inside of us. Allow yourself to be involved in what's happening and don't pay attention if it feels real or as fantasies. When impressions comes from our inside, they come through our senses, that's what fantasies do too.
So, let go of the thoughts if it is a fantasy or previous memories, and this will help you to get out the full possibilities of the session.
• Communication - When you start to share impressions of what you see, hear, feel or sense, I will guide you into important and meaningful moments. Trust that your subconscious provides all that you need. The more trust we bring in and let go of the conscious analytical, rational mind, the more we open up to the meaningful moments.
You always have an open invitation to speak at any time, even if I haven't asked you a question. This won't disturb your state, it will help you go deeper. I will ask you questions and you will be able to reply.
• Time - Give yourself time to absorb and integrate the session before you start doing things that require full attention from you.
• Eat & Drink - It's advice to drink plenty of water after session and to take in a meal afterwards, this helps to ground yourself again.
• Write - For many it can be a wonderful way to deeper absorb the session through writing or creating in general.
• Post Practices - If you have been given a practice, keep practicing .